Hi Luke,

I guess the answer is that it depends on the state backend. If a set
operation in the state backend is available that is more efficient than
clear+append, then it would be beneficial to have a dedicated fn api
operation to allow for such optimization. That's something that needs to be
determined with a profiler :)

But the low hanging fruit is cross-bundle caching.

Thomas