Hello all,
this has been discussed before, and I believe we concluded that we did not
want to auto-close JIRA issues referenced by a PR.
I wanted us to revisit this decision, because I don't think everyone has
adopted the correct workflow:

Workflow A:
1. Send a PR to fix BEAM-X
2. Go to JIRA, and mark BEAM-X as resolved.

Many of us do (1), but not (2) as much. The main argument was to avoid
messing with this workflow:

Workflow B:
1. Send a PR related to BEAM-X
2. Send a PR related to BEAM-X
N-1. Send a PR that fully fixes BEAM-X
N. Go to JIRA, and mark BEAM-X as resolved.

But, perhaps we should optimize for the very common case of Workflow A, and
let community members manually manage the less common case of Workflow B.

What do others think?
-P.