Welcome Manuela.

You can look at (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-2855) as the
starting point. It has links to 2 previously merged PRs that can serve as
starting points for writing new nexmark queries. There are nexmark queries
described in (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BEAM/Nexmark).
Second step would be picking a few more of those and starting with the
implementation.

+Ismaël Mejía <ieme...@gmail.com> and I can help with PR reviews and
specific questions as well.

Hope this helps.