Post-commit runs all precommits. The builder for the Jenkins jobs creates
separate jobs with suffixes:

 * _Commit (for when a commit is pushed to a PR)
 * _Phrase (for when someone asks to run it)
 * _Cron (run as a post-commit against master)

This way, the different jobs have independent configuration and the
post-commit version of them has a clear healthy/unhealthy signal.

My preference FWIW would be to use "precommit" and "postcommit" to refer
_only_ to when a suite of tests is run and _never_ as part of the name of
any suite of tests. There seems to be frequent confusion about things due
to the names. That would be a medium size change to gradle configs, Jenkins
configs, and cultural.

Kenn