Hi Devs!

I am trying to use a *Statsd* client in beam to export some runner metrics.
I am able to extract out metrics from the base application but once the job
is submitted to its runner(in this case I am using *FlinkRunner*), statsd
client stops working. This is a streaming job and I need to extract out
those metrics continuously(like how many files are getting processed, etc).

Are there any helper classes for this particular use case in beam? If not,
are there any flink specific classes that I can use here? I have seen
*MetricResults*(from *FlinkRunnerResult*) but it looks like I can only use
that once the job is done not when in progress.

My current statsd client is https://github.com/tim-group/java-statsd-client

Regards
Kush Sharma