Thanks for the report. You can work around this by specifying
without_defaults() on the global combine (as the default is computed
at pipeline construction time). Note that even in the cases where it
works, it disables combiner lifting, so side inputs in combiners is
generally discouraged.

And thanks for filing the bug.