If it indeed happened as you have described, I will be very interested in
the expected behaviour.

Something I remembered before: the trigger condition meets just gives the
runner/engine "permission" to fire, but runner/engine may not fire
immediately. But I don't know if the engine/runner will guarantee to fire.

-Rui