Hi everyone,

A cherry-pick [1] for the last open release blocker [2] is going in now.
I'm planning to start work on an RC unless more blockers arise.

The only other potential blocker I'm aware of is [3], which was raised
during 2.21 RC voting. Please let me know if you think this should block
2.22.

Brian

[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-10078

On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 9:29 AM Steve Niemitz <sniem...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 12:20 PM Brian Hulette <bhule...@google.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 1:30 PM Steve Niemitz <sniem...@apache.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I tried to validate the release branch on dataflow, but it looks like
>>> there's no tag yet for the 2.22 docker containers [1]
>>>

>> I haven't built any Dataflow containers yet since BEAM-9971 and
>> BEAM-10057 are actively being worked on and their PRs will be cherry-picked
>> into the release branch.
>>

> Cool, makes sense!  I ended up just using the latest tag and supplying my
> own worker jar to test.
>

>> I'm also fairly concerned with the artifact staging regressions
>>> introduced in BEAM-9383 [2]
>>>

>> There are some Jiras related to artifact staging that are currently
>> marked as release blockers: BEAM-10077, BEAM-10078. I didn't initially see
>> the connection to a regression, but based on your comments it sounds like
>> those should in fact be release blockers.
>>

> It looks like both of these are being worked on now. [3] [4]  I agree they
> should be blockers as well.
>
> [3] https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/11814
> [4] https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/11813
>

>>> [1]