I think it is fine to fix it in branches. I do not see too much value in
fixing it except in branches you know you are going to use.

The "Downloads" page is for users and only mentioned the voted source
releases, maven central, and pypi. There is nothing to do with GitHub or
ongoing branches there. I don't think un-published cherrypicks to branches
matter to users. Did you mean some other place?

Kenn