For now to get the release unblocked, I will try to manually generate the
missing signature. I created a JIRA (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-11068) for this issue. @Kenneth
Knowles <k...@google.com> Could you help find an owner?

Garrett, I tried to hack to generate the asc file at the right stage as you
mentioned but wasn't successful. Any help on how to do this would be
appreciated.

On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 9:25 PM Garrett Jones <garrettjo...@google.com>
wrote:

> My knowledge of this stuff has gotten rusty. What I remember: I had to do
> special work since Gradle didn't have support for generating BOMs. The
> generation process is kind of finicky because various stages need to run in
> order and that order isn't obvious based on the structure of the build
> rules; it must be that the signing stage doesn't see the generated pom
> file. If you just want to get the release unblocked, you might have to
> either 1) add a hack to generate the asc file at the right stage, or 2)
> downgrade Gradle. Also, it's worth checking to see if Gradle 6 now has
> support for generating BOMs, which it didn't used to have, but that would
> be a bigger change than you might want to accept for unblocking the release.
>
> -- Garrett Jones [ go/garrettjones-user-manual
> <https://goto.google.com/garrettjones-user-manual> |
> go/reconsider-inline-replies
> <https://goto.google.com/reconsider-inline-replies> ]
>

> On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 8:07 PM Kenneth Knowles <k...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> +Garrett Jones <garrettjo...@google.com> who appears to have been
>> involved and +Michael Luckey <adude3...@gmail.com> who has touched this
>> build.gradle (according to git) and is a bit of a build wizard.
>>
>> Kenn
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 7:34 PM Robin Qiu <robi...@google.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I am working on creating Beam 2.25.0 RC1. The repo I created (
>>> https://repository.apache.org/#stagingRepositories) failed to close
>>> because
>>>
>>> Missing Signature:
>>>

>>> I checked pom files in other modules and their signatures are present,
>>> so I think this problem only happens to beam-sdks-java-bom-2.25.0.pom. Also
>>> this has not happened in previous releases. I suspect this is caused by the
>>> recent upgrade to Gradle 6.
>>>
>>> I found that
>>> https://github.com/apache/beam/blob/master/sdks/java/bom/build.gradle
>>> does something special. It does not use a generated pom, instead it uses
>>> its own template and copies that
>>> to sdks/java/bom/build/publications/mavenJava/ as pom-default.xml. When I
>>> run the publish task locally, I found in
>>> sdks/java/bom/build/publications/mavenJava/ that the pom-default.xml is
>>> signed (i.e. pom-default.xml.asc is present), but
>>> beam-sdks-java-bom-2.25.0.pom is not signed (i.e.