To understand differences in PMC vs committer --> would like to understand
why a committer doesn't suffice for the listed requests (and @Griselda
Cuevas <g...@google.com>  you are a committer, but it seems you'd
potentially just want another committer to also review).

It seems the website is less about shifting the direction of the project or
exposing APIs that we may feel compelled to support long term, which is why
I naively assume PMC not especially needed (and it does look like this is
being done with full visibility to PMC at a high level).