Hello Beamers!

I just filled a JIRA BEAM-11217 [1] to make some changes and update the
content of the release guide, based on my experiences with running the
2.26.0 release.

Overall, the content is pretty thorough, but it's been added to organically
over time, and is due for a bit of a cleanup. My big issues were around
consistency within the document itself, that not all pre-reqs for building
artifacts are declared, and that it's very easy to lose track of what needs
to be done. None are too hard to resolve, just need a few passes to clean
them up. Who better than someone who recently ran through it (me)?

I've got a PR 13815 [2] out now to address initial formatting issues which
for the most part does not affect the content. The main visible change is
the email template is fixed (it's not presently displayed), among a few
minor content additions.

After that, I'd like to rewrite the introduction to clarify the release
process and goals (generate and publish artifacts), and clean up some of
the constants and such we will use. Overall the goal is to make it easier
for any committer to read the document and possibly run a release. There
are certainly other changes we can do (like make a release environment
container)

I understand our wonderful tech writing folks are pretty busy right now
with the other website changes. I certainly welcome their input, but likely
don't need per-PR review for most of these changes.

--------

One bigger change to the content that certainly warrants discussion here:
I'd like to remove the manual command level copies of the automation
scripts in the release document.

My reasoning: They are redundant, leading to lengthy descriptions that are
skipped if running the scripts in question. They're often not kept in sync
with the scripts themselves. I propose we remove the copies from the guide
*and* improve the documentation in the scripts themselves for those who
wish to execute the command manually.  This will better document what the
scripts are doing, and avoids the redundancy, and the errors they can lead
to.

--------

If you'd like to be included on individual reviews, please let me know, and
I'll add you to the various PRs. Otherwise, I'll be leaning on Pablo
(2.27.0 release manager) and Cham (2.28.0 release manager) for reviews.

Thank you for your time!
Robert Burke (2.26.0 Release manager)

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-11217