Hello Raphael,

You don't need to change the version of the SDK because at the moment
we do support AWS SDK for Java 2, you just have to put the classes in
the correct module.
https://github.com/apache/beam/tree/master/sdks/java/io/amazon-web-services2

The expected outcome is just to reproduce what S3FileSystem.java does
for the amazon-web-services module, Main task is to adapt the Beam
classes to the new AWS API

If more doubts don't hesitate to ask.

Best,
Ismaël