Our oldest open P1 issue is BEAM-6466 - "KafkaIO doesn't commit offsets
while being used as bounded source" [1]. I'm not sure this is an actual
issue since KafkaIO doesn't seem to officially support this use-case. The
relevant parameters indicate they are "mainly used for tests and demo
applications" [2], and BEAM-2185 - "KafkaIO bounded source" [3] is still
open.

I think we should close out BEAM-6466 by more clearly indicating that
withMaxReadTime() and withMaxRecords() are experimental, and/or logging a
warning when they are used.

I'm happy to make such a change, but I wanted to check if there are any
objections to this first.

Thanks,
Brian

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-6466