I like the goal: for things where the build has extra setup, have an
example that is fully functional on its own. There is of course the problem
of "where does it end?" since this is infinity things.

The other piece is that a user wanting to know some of these bits may be
past the "clone and go" stage of their project. They probably already have
a project and now they need a working example to read and learn from. So it
could be just one additional repo `beam-working-examples` where each
subdirectory is an independent working setup. I do like having it a
separate repo to avoid the temptation to leverage anything from the Beam
build. And each subdirectory should be entirely independent and we also
have to avoid the temptation to share configuration across them, or it
would defeat the purpose.

Kenn