Hmm. Too bad the information on the jira is inadequate to explain or
justify the change. TBH if faced with a conflict between bytebuddy and
mockito, working to use mocks less, or in more straightforward ways, would
have been my preference. This isn't actually a diamond dep problem that
impacts users, or I would feel differently.

I guess we want to have some thorough testing & survey of the versions of
bytebuddy and asm used by transitive deps and any possible breaking
changes. Should be pretty easy since unvendoring is much easier
to experiment with. Apologies if this already exists in some other thread
or on the ticket.

Kenn