Forking thread because lots of people may just ignore this topic, per the
discussion :-)

(sometimes gmail doesn't fork thread properly, but here's hoping...)

I'll add some other outcomes of these emails:

 - people file P0s that are not outages and P1s that are not data loss and
I downgrade them
 - I randomly open up a few flaky test bugs and see if I can fix them
really quick
 - people file legit P0s and P1s and I subscribe and follow them

Of these, only the last one seems important (not just that *I* follow them,
but that new P0s and P1s get immediate attention from many eyes)

So maybe one take on the goal is to:

 - have new P0s and P1s evaluated quickly: P0s are an outage or outage-like
occurrence that needs immediate remedy, and P1s need to be evaluated for
release blocking, etc.
 - make sure P0s and P1s get attention appropriate to their priority

It can also be helpful to just state the failure modes which would happen
by default if we don't have a good process or automation:

 - Real P0 gets filed and not noticed or fixed in a timely manner, blocking
users and/or community in real time
 - Real P1 gets filed and not noticed, so release goes out with known data
loss bug or other total loss of functionality
 - Non-real P0s and P1s accumulate, throwing off our data and making it
hard to find the real problems
 - Flakes are never fixed

WDYT?

If we have P0s and P1s in the "awaiting triage" state, those are the ones
we need to notice. Then for a P0 or P1 outside of that state, we just need
some way of making sure it doesn't stagnate. Or if it does stagnate, that
empirically demonstrates it isn't really P1 (just like our P2 to P3
downgrade automation). If everything is P1, nothing is, as they say.

Kenn