This sounds great.

Since every language has a benchmarking tool, we can start with JMH and
expand from there.

A key point is that we will want to dedicate a Jenkins machine exclusively
to this when the microbenchmarks are running, otherwise we will have other
competing Jenkins jobs using up CPU that will make the benchmarks really
noisy. Based upon the number of microbenchmarks that exist and are in the
works it looks like we will have about 4 hours of microbenchmarks.