I strongly believe that we should continue to have Beam optimize for the
user - and while having separate components would allow those of us who are
contributors and committers move faster, the downsides of not having
everything "in one box" for a new user where the components are all
relatively guaranteed to work together at that version level are very high.

Beam having everything included is absolutely a competitive advantage for
Beam and I would not want to lose that.