Hi everyone,

I was looking at adding at least a couple of the sketches from the Apache
Datasketches library to the Beam Java SDK and I was wondering if folks had
a preference for adding to the existing "sketching" extension vs splitting
it out into its own extension?

The reason I ask is that there's some overlap (which already exists in
zetasketch) between the sketches available in Datasketches vs Beam today,
particularly HyperLogLog which would have 3 implementations if we were to
add all of them.

I don't really have a strong opinion, though personally I'd probably lean
towards a single sketching extension (zetasketch being something of a
special case as it exists for format compatibility as far as I can tell).
But I could see how that could be confusing if you had the Apache
Datasketch implementation and the existing implementation derived from the
clearspring implementations.

Any thoughts?

Best,