Dear All,

The runner for Spark 2 was deprecated quite a while back in August 2022 with
the release of Beam 2.41.0 [1]. We’re planning to move ahead with this and
finally remove support for Spark 2 (beam-runners-spark) to only maintain
support for Spark 3 (beam-runners-spark-3) going forward.

Note, Spark 2.4.8 is the latest release of Spark 2. It was released in May 2021
and no further releases of 2.4.x should be expected, even for bug fixes [2].

If you are still relying on the Spark 2 runner and there’s good reasons not to
migrate to Spark 3, please reach out and we might reconsider this.

Kind regards,
Moritz

[1] https://github.com/apache/beam/blob/master/CHANGES.md#2410---2022-08-23
[2] https://spark.apache.org/versioning-policy.html

As a recipient of an email from Talend, your contact personal data will be on
our systems. Please see our privacy notice. <https://www.talend.com/privacy/>