Hi there,

I'm a developer on the Google Cloud Bigtable team working on expanding the
BigtableIO connector to stream change data from the database. Streaming
changes from Bigtable uses a brand new API.

I'm writing to explain our plan to submit Cloud Bigtable's new Change
Stream for the next release cut (2.46). I've briefly discussed the plan
with @pabloem <https://github.com/pabloem>.

The new API in the Cloud Bigtable Java Client is still being merged
https://github.com/googleapis/java-bigtable/pull/1569. After that, we need
to cut a new release and bump up the Google Cloud BOM
<https://github.com/googleapis/java-cloud-bom> version and the bump apache
beam's Google Cloud BOM. Or alternatively, we can temporarily bump up just
Cloud Bigtable's Java Client to be ahead of BOM's version.

Since the API is not in beam's master branch yet, we would like to, in
parallel, incrementally review and merge into a feature branch. In order
for the code to compile and merge into the feature branch, we can
temporarily include a locally built jar of Cloud Bigtable Java Client that
includes the new API. Once beam is updated to include the new APIs, we can
rebase and merge into master. https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/25364 is
the first of the many incremental PRs to be reviewed and submitted to the
feature branch.

Thanks,

Tony