Hi,

removing @Experimental and adding explicit @Stable annotation makes sense to me. FWIW, when we were designing Euphoria API, we adopted the following convention:

 - the default stability of "evolving", @Experimental for really experimental code [1]

 - target @Audience of API [2] (pipeline author, runner, internal, test)

 - and @StateComplexity of operators (PTransforms) [3]

The last part is something that was planned to be used by tools that can analyze the Pipeline for performance or visualize which transform(s) are most state-consuming. But this ended only as plans. :)

 Jan

[1] https://github.com/apache/beam/blob/master/sdks/java/extensions/euphoria/src/main/java/org/apache/beam/sdk/extensions/euphoria/core/annotation/stability/Experimental.java

[2] https://github.com/apache/beam/blob/master/sdks/java/extensions/euphoria/src/main/java/org/apache/beam/sdk/extensions/euphoria/core/annotation/audience/Audience.java

[3] https://github.com/apache/beam/blob/master/sdks/java/extensions/euphoria/src/main/java/org/apache/beam/sdk/extensions/euphoria/core/annotation/operator/StateComplexity.java