Agree, it would be great to have such user guide + a started guide for Beam.

Regards
JB

On 05/23/2016 04:41 PM, Jesse Anderson wrote:
I think Josh's Crunch User Guide is a great example of what a user guide
should cover. https://crunch.apache.org/user-guide.html

On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 2:00 AM Ismaël Mejía <ieme...@gmail.com> wrote:

Ok, I agree Davor for end users a getting started guide is not only
important but I would say critical at this moment, the FAQ can be an effort
run in parallel. The project is incubating so the FAQ would be in its early
state, and ideally we must not need an enormous FAQ, however this project
mixes many different technologies, and I can easily imagine frequent
questions about technical details on Sources, Sinks, and Runners e.g. my
question on how to reuse the context on the spark runner is a good example,
it is not general enough to put it as a default in the runner, it is not
simple enough for a getting started guide, but a good amount of users will
have to deal with it once they write tests for their pipelines.

Devin, thanks for writing, I am interested in the draft, can you please
share the URL of your fork, so other people can eventually take a
look/contribute.

Ismael

On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 7:35 PM, Devin Donnelly <