Wouldn't it force all runners to implement this for all distributed
filesystems ? It's true that each runner has it's own "partitioning"
mechanism, but I assume (maybe I'm wrong) that open-source runners use the
Hadoop InputFormat/InputSplit for that.. and the proper connectors for that
to run on top of s3/gs.

If this is wrong, each runner should take care of it's own, but if not, we
could have a generic solution for runners, no ?

Thanks,
Amit