I've commented on a PR but also want to respond here.

In the precommit, we run
https://builds.apache.org/job/beam_PreCommit_MavenVerify/ which uses
-Pjenkins-precommit to select very few integration tests. It should just be
unit tests and integration tests based on our examples. This catches the
bulk of issues without being too slow

In postcommit, we also run `mvn verify` in
https://builds.apache.org/job/beam_PostCommit_MavenVerify/ which has a
slightly different configuration. I actually can't decipher the exact level
of overlap.

In postcommit, we also run a separate full RunnableOnService job per
runner:
https://builds.apache.org/job/beam_PostCommit_RunnableOnService_GoogleCloudDataflow/
,
https://builds.apache.org/view/Beam/job/beam_PostCommit_RunnableOnService_GearpumpLocal/
,
https://builds.apache.org/view/Beam/job/beam_PostCommit_RunnableOnService_FlinkLocal/
,
https://builds.apache.org/view/Beam/job/beam_PostCommit_RunnableOnService_SparkLocal/.
We definitely should add Apex to this list ASAP.

Hope this clears things up a bit.

Kenn