Hi Nick,

Welcome.

There are a list of starter jira issues (labeled starter), that could help you
to get familiar with the code base.

Feel free to grab and assign to yourself, and start contributing.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-407?filter=
12315361&jql=project%20%3D%20BEAM%20AND%20labels%20%3D%20starter

--
Neelesh Srinivas Salian
Engineer