Aviem,

You're right we have a scio/apache-beam
<https://github.com/spotify/scio/tree/apache-beam> branch that works with
Beam 0.2.0-incubating and are working on keeping it up with the latest
releases.

A few ways you can contribute:
- It runs with the Dataflow runner but hasn't been tested with other
runners. You're welcome to give it a try and submit issues/PRs.
- `scio-core` is somewhat coupled with Dataflow runner and GCP IO
dependencies right now but it'd be nice to further decouple them so users
can swap other runner/IO packages easily.
- We also have a master ticket #279
<https://github.com/spotify/scio/issues/279> that keeps track of pending
issues for Beam migration.

Keep in mind that our team of 3 supports 150+ production Scio users within
Spotify so we simply don't have the bandwidth to maintain 2 diverging repo
(spotify/scio vs apache/beam-incubating) right now. We'll probably revisit
this when internal users switch over to Beam sometime next year.