On Nov 12, 2005, at 3:21 PM, David Wilson wrote:
My impression is that they support, in principle, our approach
and goals. We have to wait and see what resources can be scheduled for this
work and when.

Wow, this is great news. I'm a new subscriber to the dev list. I got interested by following Bruce's work for close to a year. Bruce actually asked me to send a quick introduction.

I'm a software developer at Follett Corporation (a book distributor and library software company). I am currently working as a Java programmer but also have experience programming in Python, Ruby and Perl. A long time ago in a galaxy far far away I got an MLS and worked in academic libraries before deciding to pursue my life long interest in computers.

At any rate, I'd like to contribute programming skills to this project. Hopefully I'll find the time to get involved as things progress.

Ed Summers
aim: inkdroid
yahoo: inkdroid
jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]