On Feb 7, 2006, at 9:50 AM, Matthias Basler wrote:

Using usual XML parsers as I know them from Java it is not easier or more
difficult to parse or write elements than attributes.

The issues I'm concerned about (beyond file size, which is substantially smaller now) are not parsing or serializing, so much as mapping to native objects, and GUI implementations. Beyond OOo, say one wanted to write a web-based CSL editor using Javascript for the logic?

I may be needlessly worrying about this; am not sure.

Anyway, my opinion is NOT to use such "flattened" layout.

OK, thanks for the feedback.

Bruce