Hmmm ok... I'll ask a different way to clarify.

 should provision.groovy be in src/common/hadoop as well? Right now it's in
another directory all together.

After all it is meant to be a drop in replacement for init-hdfs.sh.

So in current bigtop... either provison.groovy OR init-hdfs.sh is in the wrong
place, don't you think?