Sure we can add gerrit --- but I believe the spark project which is Apache, for
example, they have 100% pull request integration.

We've had people in the past submit awesome stuff via PR
(https://github.com/apache/bigtop/pull/3), which never got through.

Im suggesting first class pull requests .

Is that really illegal and if so - are the spark folks just given a pass to
expedite things?  If so … shouldn't we ask for the same pass ?

I think this functionality alone could grow the community around bigtop more
than any other single action which we could undertake.