No, it's not related to new app versions. This happens any time I try (from
my dev machine while on the corporate network) to build any app that
downloads its source from the Apache mirror, which for some reason seems to
be hardcoded to http://apache.osuosl.org.

What's even weirder is that I have also experienced this off the corporate
network (usually on our EC2 build nodes) if I run "gradle realclean
someproject-rpm". That is, if I run the realclean target then some target
that ends up running a download target, where the download comes from the
Apache mirror, and I do so in the same invocation of gradle, it will fail
in this same way. If I run "gradle realclean" then "gradle
someproject-rpm", it does not fail in the way. This makes even less sense
to me than the first problem.