Github user JunHe77 commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/bigtop/pull/369

    Thanks for reporting this issue, @deart2k !
    The previous implementation assumes that only one minor version is listed
in the url, say, only one 3.5.x. But it is obviously not true, as there are
3.5.3 and 3.5.4 on the link now. 😀

    Your patch LGTM, while I think there might be a little to add: it may not
true to assume the last `<li>` is the latest version. So an extra cmd can be
added to make sure the output is ordered by version, like following:
    `curl --stderr /dev/null
'https://www.apache.org/dist/maven/maven-3/?F=0&V=1' | grep -o
'<li>.*href="3.5.[0-9]*/"' | grep -o '3.5.[0-9]*' | sort -V --field-separator=-
| tail -1 | tr -d '\n'`

    What do you think?

    And could you pls create a JIRA to link with this PR so we can track this,
just like https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-3031.

    Thank you very much.

---