Thanks Olaf for raising those comments/questions. That really helps us to
think more about how this Bigtop-MPack thing could go further.

I think Yuqi is trying to decouple Bigtop-Mpack from Ambari component
itself in terms of code/patch/building/packaging, so developer can easily
contribute to it (MPack). The discussion on the PR thread comes to create a
new component just like bigtop-jsvc/bigtop-utils things. So for such change
(adding new component) it might worth discussing and voting in community
besides simply reviewing on some patches.

Those items Olaf listed are definitely important to push Bigtop forward,
especiall CI from my point of view,  and we will focus on them. While MPack
also gives Bigtop community possibility to extend usage and improve
influence as the only open source Big Data SW stack, and there are
potential contributors here, maybe we just get the ball rolling.

Then I have a question same as Evans for Yuqi, Matt, or others interested
in: are you willing to be the maintainer going forward? :)

Regards,

Jun

Matt Andruff <m...@andruffsolutions.com> 于2020年6月8日周一 下午10:32写道: