I just feel we don't have developers resource to add something big then
maintain the packaging, manifests and smoke-test in the long term.
Actually current active committers do not have enough cycle even for
maintaining existing products in the stack.

Contributors are necessarily interested in only the products and platforms they are using. We just need someone continuously taking care of all of iceberg-flink, iceberg-hive and iceberg-spark
for both RPM and DEB.