We are using 64 bit ledger ids internally right now, but the ledger id is
supported by the application/caller.
We have extended Hierarchical ledger manger to Long hierarchical ledger
manger for this.

Ultimately we would like to move to 128 bit UUID as the ledger id. That
makes ledgers unique without
the need of centralized ZK/metadata server.

--
Jvrao
---