There is a special SNAPSHOTS repo that is already setup.  I know that hadoop
has been using it for a while, so you should just need to ask where the
snapshot repo is.  Maven also will only push a -SNAPSHOT build to a repo that
has been confiugred to accept snapshots.

- Bobby

On Thursday, April 27, 2017, 7:57:31 AM CDT, Enrico Olivelli
<eolive...@gmail.com> wrote:2017-04-24 23:35 GMT+02:00 Sijie Guo
<guosi...@gmail.com>:
> On Sat, Apr 22, 2017 at 12:30 AM, Enrico Olivelli <eolive...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Il sab 22 apr 2017, 02:27 Sijie Guo <guosi...@gmail.com> ha scritto:
>>
>> > I don't have any objections on doing this, if we can figure out
>> following:
>> >
>> > - does Apache infra allow doing this?
>> >

>> Yes. See the lonk from tomcat mailing kist. Maybe we can ask Mark.
>>

> How does the SNAPSHOT version look like? is it just SNAPSHOT or SNAPSHOT
> with gitsha suffix.
>
> The reason I asked this -
>
> - If we just use SNAPSHOT, does the CI job overwrite the packages every
> time?
> - If we use SNAPSHOT-gitsha, then can we do smaller RC releases within a
> big release?

I think we can ask infra help to setup an auto-clean up of the
repository, usually -SNASHOT is deployed with a timestamp suffix of
whatever

If you are OK a can contact infra in order to ask for help and ask if
is feasible