Hi,
we are going to release 4.5 soon, in this release we changed
EnsemblePlacementPolicy interface.

It you are using a "custom" EnsemblePlacementPolicy in 4.4 and you just
switch the bookeeeper-server JAR on the classpath your application won't
run.

I already got that problem and I needed to implement some "support 4.5"
option in my projects which essentially tells "do not use a custom policy",
this is very bad because there is no way to apply the custom rules required
by the project.

As we are going to break the API now, would it be good to create a more
future-proof API ?
We can just post-pone the problem to 4.6

Thoughts ?

Enrico