Apparently, there is an assumption in this computation that the bookie sees
entries in sequence.
When ES>WQ bookie won't see them in sequence. I guess I need to understand
what you are trying to
do with in-memory cursor at the bookie. In our protocol, only the
client(writer) will have the complete view and
bookie view is persisted in the index files. If you want to know what is
persisted in the journal, then you may need
to maintain some in-memory value but that is just one value isn't it? It
could be I don't fully understand what is the intended change
here, maybe let's have a quick call or discuss at next Thursday meeting?

--
Jvrao
---