Hi everyone,

We found a regression about the bookkeeper after bumping the bookie
version to 4.15.1 in Pulsar.
Details in:  https://github.com/apache/pulsar/issues/17520

The regression is introduced with this PR
https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/pull/3383.

It has already been fixed and we will include it in 4.15.2
https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/pull/3480

The problem is that we cannot call await() from an IO thread, even if
we don’t have the consolidation in place if the socket buffer is full, that
blocking call would cause a deadlock, also without the consolidate
the await() was added, under the assumption that all these calls were
coming from a thread pool dedicated to read operations.

In pulsar's case, we set the numHighPriorityWorkerThreads to 0 to start
up a local ensemble for testing.

You will be affected if your bookie's numHighPriorityWorkerThreads
is setting to 0. By default, it is 8. So if you are using the default
configuration,
you won't be affected.

Thanks,
Yong