Il Dom 9 Ott 2022, 17:03 Hang Chen <chenh...@apache.org> ha scritto:

> I found the PR https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/pull/3056 has
> changed the rocksDB default cache size from 10% of direct memory to
> 206150041(196MB), which will lead to entry read performance decrease
> when there are huge number of entries stored in the ledger directory.
> It will have a huge impact on the read performance when the BookKeeper
> cluster upgrades from 4.14.x to 4.15.x.

I think that that patch shoud had passed from the BP process.
It is a huge breaking change.
Personally I missed it.

BTW now it is there, we should have talked about it in the release notes,
and we now must add some guidance to users upgrading to this version of BK.

It is a pity that we cannot keep the automatic value.
 BTW in all the Pulsar cluster I know I think that they are overriding that
value because the default value is not big enough.

I think that at this point we only have to document on the website the
breaking change and add a page about BK and RocksDB

Enrico