I am concerned about a possible scenario where a user tries to use DirectIO,
runs it for a period of time, and experiences some problem on the bookie server
side, but is unsure of the cause and suspects it may be related to DirectIO. As
a result, the user disables DirectIO and restarts. In this case, data may be
lost.