Hi,

Can you please try with the following YAML

name: VM4

services:
- type: brooklyn.entity.basic.EmptySoftwareProcess

location:
  jclouds:openstack-devtest-compute:
    endpoint: http://x.x.x.x:5000/v2.0/
    identity: "my-tenant:my-username"
    credential: my-password
    # optional
    #imageId: RegionOne/adec65c4-de61-41ff-a4c7-f1f3163e750c
    #hardwareId: RegionOne/1

    # templateOptions:
      # networks: [ "18073710-7e5e-4023-a117-44f963443c4c" ]
      # floatingIpPoolNames: [ "public" ]
      # optional - user to ssh into the VM the first time (usually `ubuntu`
or `root` is expected)
      # overrideLoginUser: <login username>
      # overrideLoginPassword: <login password>

I think your yaml is quite right, but this version should simplify the
debugging,

Notice, I've added some optional properties just to help you in targeting
your env correctly, like imageId or hardwareId.

In particular, the devtest-compute assumes you want to use a floating IP so
you need to discover your `networkId` and the `floating ip pool name`
unless you want to run the test without the floating-ip by overriding the
default with

name: VM4

services:
- type: brooklyn.entity.basic.EmptySoftwareProcess

location:
  jclouds:openstack-devtest-compute:
    endpoint: http://x.x.x.x:5000/v2.0/
    identity: "my-tenant:my-username"
    credential: my-password
    jclouds.openstack-nova.auto-create-floating-ips: false

Best,
Andrea