Github user geomacy commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/brooklyn-server/pull/388

    @aledsage yes I tested this yesterday, and sure enough it bites us - I
commented out the line 136 above, and increased the timeout to a large value,
and after a minute the test fails with an exception
    ```
    Caused by: org.apache.brooklyn.util.exceptions.RuntimeTimeoutException:
Unsatisfied after 1m
        at
org.apache.brooklyn.core.sensor.DependentConfiguration$WaitInTaskForAttributeReady.call(DependentConfiguration.java:318)
    ```
    This will need a bit of thought about how best to handle it - what is the
_desired_ behaviour here? Do we want it to block indefinitely in this case, or
for a longer timeout than one minute, or for a timeout that we can specify in
the YAML?.. And how can we achieve this anyway?  @neykov points out the very
relevant discussion earlier -
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/brooklyn-dev/201608.mbox/%3c57ad01ec.5010...@cloudsoftcorp.com%3e.

---