GitHub user ahgittin opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/brooklyn-server/pull/812

    use external config in examples

    some of our tests and examples used plain-text passwords, and this has
caused some alarm when people have seen them.  we can say "you can use external
but we haven't" though isn't it better if our message is "you *should* use
external just like we've shown" ?

    this sets up a pre-defined external provider called
    `brooklyn-demo-sample` which defines `hidden-brooklyn-password` as
`br00k11n`.
    it can be overridden; PR to follow for docs to explain this.

    i think examples elsewhere should be updated to use this wherever a
plaintext password is encoded in a blueprint for anything other than the
simplest teaching example (clearly caveated and linking to the docs).  i'll do
the rest of the stock brooklyn ones shortly.

    $ git pull https://github.com/ahgittin/brooklyn-server
external-config-in-examples

    https://github.com/apache/brooklyn-server/pull/812.patch

    This closes #812

----
commit 5a505e13807f03d71f33f22ba07d3ac55f652a3d
Author: Alex Heneveld <alex.henev...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Date:   2017-09-08T12:01:55Z

    add out of box support for `$brooklyn:external("brooklyn-demo-sample",
"hidden-brooklyn-password")`

    so we can use this in examples rather than a plain-text password

commit c6b41cbb9d0be302bdda15e76785ee59e81b360b
Author: Alex Heneveld <alex.henev...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Date:   2017-09-08T12:05:22Z

    update all tests/examples to use externalized password

    also tweak mysql config to set up users slightly better

----

---