Github user ahgittin commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/brooklyn-ui/pull/112

    I made a mistake in my test with the suggested fix.  In better/further
testing the DSL editor gives errors with the fix applied -- so have reverted
that, pushed directly to master to preserve integrity of master.

    @tbouron I believe the `addUnlisted{ConfigKey,Parameter}Definitions`
methods copy _from_ what has been entered in the composer / found in the local
YAML _to_ an aggregate model in `miscData`.  Thus parameters which are added
explicitly _do_ need to be copied in to that model, and the disputed method
_is_ required.  (I did a test where I added a `brooklyn.parameters` block at
the root and the disputed method was doing something used, copying the local
parameters into the `miscData.get('parameters')`, as the latter was returning
null without this.  Maybe there is a solution that does not have parameters at
all in the `miscData` but with this code block it is working well.

    There are comments in the disputed method so we can pick this up at any
point, no rush, as it is working well with this and we'll be developing and
testing more in this area soon.

---