Just a note, as you can see here
https://karaf.apache.org/download.html, Karaf 4.3.x is supposed to
work with JDK 11 (not JDK 8). Do you have the same issues with JDK 11
?

Regarding the client disconnects, I think I fixed that already. I will
double check.

Regarding jaspic, it's normal: it's a change in Jetty. I remember I
made changes about that. Let me find commits/Jira related to that.

At first glance, I don't see any new changes required in Karaf (for
4.4.3), but I will do a pass anyway.

Regards
JB