发件人: Wang,Weibing <wwb...@gmail.com>
日期: 星期二, 2022年3月15日 上午10:01
收件人: dev@brpc.apache.org <dev@brpc.apache.org>
主题: bRPC 1.1.0 release plan
Hi, all

After discussing with Zhongyi, I plan to release version 1.1.0 from the
current master branch.
The current master branch has 106 commits after 1.0.0:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-brpc/compare/1.0.0...master
Most of the commits are bug fixes or document improvements. Some are new
features:
- Implement brpc server Start(PortRange, const ServerOptions*)
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-brpc/commit/b7b6cd3f4f2cc9f8c6fcf6dc6134d48ff58bbec8>
- Implement FlatMap insert(const std::pair<key_type, mapped_type>& kv)
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-brpc/commit/15707189af951510489ffae523979ca36e061217>
- Implement server eps bvar
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-brpc/commit/365a8e384cfd37d79fc0e2ba37fec4273f195973>
- Add rpc_replay BUILD file
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-brpc/commit/9d078e1c9797cf35a3e3b36352d5605ee395f0b4>
- Improvement: brpc support higher version of protobuf
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-brpc/commit/345c9dbebd826f4826fcabc45306507c9a2e5ef1>
- Support parse proto-text format http request body
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-brpc/commit/eaad48cc0ea91f95fd758f033b6262bbfbb384b0>

And I would like to merge the following PRs into master and release them
with 1.1.0:
- Support IPV6 and Unix domain socket
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-brpc/pull/1560>
- support dump and replay for HTTP protocol
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-brpc/pull/1503>
- Support nshead protocol dump and replay
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-brpc/pull/1486>
- Support inherit span on bthread create
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-brpc/pull/1494>
- Supports customized tcp listener
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-brpc/pull/1474>
- Deliver timeout from client to server for baidu_std protocol
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-brpc/pull/1472>
- Fix LA selection runs too long
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-brpc/pull/1567>
Most of them have been used in Baidu for years and work well. *If there are
no objections by 2022/03/27, I will merge these PRs. *And I will start to
release the new version on 03/28.

Please feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Thanks
Weibing