Hi all,

I'm trying to test out a build which uses Jetty using the current buildr trunk, but the buildr-1.3.5 gem I'm packaging/installing using buildr's `rake install` task does not include JettyWrapper.class. After looking into it a bit, it seems like the classes which are supposed to be built by buildr.buildfile via `rake compile` don't get compiled, and so are not included in the gem. There's no error -- invoking `rake compile` appears to execute buildr, but no classes are generated.

More info: some of the classes (the ones corresponding to the "buildr:java" and "buildr:scala" projects) are checked in to the svn repo, so you don't notice that they aren't built. However, if you delete the .class files, running `rake compile` (or `rake install`) does not rebuild them.

I tried going back to an earlier tag to see where compiling these files stopped working. I found that compiling didn't work for buildr 1.3.3, but the .class files for the addons were included in the repo at that revision so it didn't matter. Similarly for buildr 1.3.4. It appears the binaries for the addons were removed in rev 787782 ( http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=787782 ), though there's no note as to why in the commit message.

Is this a bug or am I misunderstanding the build process for these files? Or perhaps it is a platform-specific problem -- I've been testing this on OS X 10.6.1 with the stock version of ruby 1.8.7.

Thanks for any light,
Rhett